Thursday, June 2, 2011

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, Day 1 Level 1.

I know I just posted my "back story" but I wanted to get that posted before I posted my Day 1!

Today was the day... that day I finally got off the couch and put the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD into the DVD player. I laid the mat down on the floor and sat the dumbbells right next to it. I listened to Jillian talk for a few minutes, then went to the menu. There are 3 levels to the workout. 1 is least intense workout and 3 is the most. They are all 20 minutes long.  I of course chose level 1. There is no pressure to move to level 2 or 3 before you are ready, just do what you feel comfortable with. I feel like I will be on level 1 for awhile. All of the workouts are based on her 3-2-1 system which is 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of ab work. There is a warm up session in the beginning and a cool down session at the end. I read somewhere it is based on muscle confusion. Your muscles get used to your workout and you hit a plateau. The changing from strength to cardio to ab must keep the muscles from hitting the plateau. Supposedly you can lose up to 20 lbs.

I was exhausted by the middle of the warm up! Jillian Michaels kicked my butt within 5 minutes of the DVD being turned on. I keep going though. I was so proud of myself for not giving up. The exercises we're so simple that I could easily follow along. There we're lots of jumping jacks, punching, lunges, crunches, sit ups, and push ups (and more of course). The "jump roping" was the hardest for me! Besides Jillian there we're two other girls working out, one was showing you the beginner way to do the exercise and the other was showing you the most advanced. I generally followed the beginner. By the cool down period I was almost falling over. I definitely feel the workout now. My legs and arms are both sore, and my stomach feels accomplished! I am sure this will be effective.

Just some quick advice, if you do this workout... invest in a sports bra. I thought it would be okay for me to workout in my jean capris and baggy shirt. NOPE, very uncomfortable. I swear my boobs almost hit me in the face a couple times.

I probably won't do the workout everyday (and won't update the blog everyday). I usually babysit on Fridays, and on some Mondays I go to my Moms to do laundry. I am going to do it everyday I can though, and keep you all updated just incase there are some Moms like me out there :)

I didn't weigh myself or take measurements. I don't have a scale, but I will take measurements later today so I can see how far I come a few weeks from now!

0 comments: